Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Interview

Haiya...once again I want to complain the same lame thing... A very poor condition of the wireless connection here which causes me to delay my blog update...hahaha... This semester we have this English subject which is the Communicative English II (UBI 1022). So one of the coursework that we need to do is conducting an interview in English and write a report of the interview being done.

At first my group wanna do the interview in Proton City so I let one of my group member to handle it. I hope it can be done before our mid sem break but was not successful then after the break only I get to know that we can't do it in Proton City. As such I gotta handle my group and I arrange an appointment through one of my friend in KL to interview an ex-ship captain.

We had our interview session that day (15 September 2008) in KL. We departed from Tanjung Malim at 8:05a.m. and I gotta drive because after that need to rush back to attend class at 2:00p.m. Reach Jalan Duta toll at 8:45a.m but was stucked in the queue and then wait for another friend at the Shell station. 9:00a.m. continue our journey to the office in Jalan Tun Razak, luckily my friend's boyfriend know the shortcut way to there so reached there at 9:15a.m.
After parking, we went up to the office on the 10th floor of the building and was greeted by my friend. Then my friend put us in the waiting room because they were having meeting and will finish by 10:30a.m. We took this opportunity to discuss a bit regarding the inverview session before it really starts.

"A photo session in the waiting room before the interview starts"


Our interview session started at 10:35a.m. and ended at about 11:40a.m. Everything went on smoothly and the captain was very co operative during the session. From the interview also we get to know more about shipping industry in Malaysia because before this we don't know much about shipping. This is a good opportunity for us because it's not easy to set an appointment with a captain to spend some time for interview as he also has a lot of work to do.


"Before the interview kick off..."


"This is the Captain that we interviewed"

"The Captain explaining something to us"

I really want to thank my friend very much for helping me to arrange this interview session for my group and also a thank you to the captain for spending time with us. So my group did gave the captain a souvenier as a note of appreaciation. The company also gave each of us a collar button badge. So nice...

"Presenting souvenier to the captain"

"This is the souvenier that we gave the captain"

"Photo session together with the captain"

"This is the collar button badge given by the company (cute and nice)"

Went back directly to Tanjung Malim after everything is settled. So start journey at 12:15p.m and reached UPSI at about 1:00p.m. Took lunch because kinda hungry and after that attend the class at 2:00p.m.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...