Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Mid Autumn Festival aka Mooncake Festival aka Lantern Festival

Hmm...has been a very long time...

I didn't hold a lantern...
Bringing it walking all around the small town...
Walking in a group of children...
Shouting out loudly as a group...
Shouting: A..li...ma...li...poh...oh...oh...oh...

Then if came across other groups of children...
And we will start shouting louder and louder...
Competing among each other...
To see who is louder...haha...

Missed all those childhood moments...
Now where are all those shouts...???
I have not heard of it for some years back till now...

Now here is something special to be shared...
During my outdoor outing last weekend in Jelebu, Negeri Sembilan at Kampung Chennah...
I saw something that really surprised me and remind me of my childhood memories although there was no shouting of "a...li...ma...li...po...oh...oh...oh..."
When I was at there, the Malays children were holding the lantern...
Going around...walking around...cycling around...with the lantern...
Something I have not seen even when I was in my hometown during my childhood life...
So, this is what we call Malaysia...1 Malaysia...

Happy Mooncake Festival aka Happy Lantern Festival to everyone in Malaysia...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...