Friday, April 13, 2007

Tired But I'm Happy and Satisfied

Wow...for the past one week,I was so busy in school(SMK Methodist Ayer Tawar). Although I had left this school for 2 years but I feel like I'm still attached to MESAT. All right,here goes the story how I get involved in MESAT last week.

It all started when there's one day I went to school to have my copies of certificates certified by the principal. Then I met up with my KRS teacher advisor. I was being told that they'll be going for district level marching competition on the 11th of April 2007 and then the teacher ask me whether am I able to coach them or not. By that time,I haven't made a decision yet because I'm not sure whether I'll be going out to Singapore or not.

After a few days when I'm sure that I will not be going to Singapore already,I contacted the teacher and told her about my decision. So at last I started coaching them from 30 March 2007 until the day they have their competition. Oh gosh...at first I was like a bit disappointed because of their discipline and attitude. Totally a different thing if compared with what I've gone through a few years back.

They were not serious enough and fool around too much because lack of discipline and also being pampered too much,I guess. For the first few days,the attendance was not very good and I was really very sad about that. During my time,the discipline are much more better than nowadays(more strict). So I have a talk with them and advised them not to just waste time training and bring back nothing(don't know whether they get what I mean).

Luckily they have their basic knowledge so it's not very diffilcult to coach them. I only need to correct them on what they are not up to the mark yet with the help of one 'pak cik' who we called Tok Ayah. Sometimes feel really very tired when they can't do what I've expected from them but I keep on encouraging them and sometimes even scolded them for their own good.
After training for one week plus,at last we are in SM Teknik Seri Manjung on 11 April 2007. They became nervous when they are told that they will be the first platoon to perform because it's been for a few years this happen. So I calmed them down and advised them to do their best and don't think of any other thing. So they go on and perform with some minor mistakes but overall it's okay.

During the announcement of the top three winner for the girls group,we waited so anxiously and feel like no hope already when they announced the third place winner(SMK Batu 10). Then the second place is SMK Methodist,I was like unaware that they've won the second place. Really very happy by that time because they have bring back the glory of KRS MESAT(from what I know for the last few years they didn't get into the top three position-overall).

Well,feel very happy and satisfied although kinda tired coaching them in morning and evening for 1 week. I don't really mind because I was doing something I'm interested in and all the hard works paid off as they've got back into the top three position. So hope that they can keep up the good work and try to do better in the future. All the best...KRS MESAT...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...