Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Nowadays Schoolchildren...

Was back in Ayer Tawar last week for study week. Then got message from my teacher, asking for help from me to go to school and have a look on the Kadet Remaja Sekolah (KRS) platoon. They will be going for marching competition on this 29th April 2008. I do went to school to have a look on them when ever I am free to do so.

Well, its really a very different environment as compared to our old time (a few years back). They are too pampered, not discipline and not serious enough in doing their task. During our time, punctuality is very important and the most important thing is discipline. We were very disciplined and being serious while training but nowadays its not the same like last time. They still can joke around when they are in training and the quality of the leader is also one of the main factor contributing to this undiscipline team. They are also not committed enough in participating in this competition.

Anyway I hope that with only one week left for them to train, they will use it wisely to polish up what ever that is still not up to the mark yet. Hope that they will bear in their mind that they are not going there competing and return empty handed after training so hard for 2 months. I can only guide and pray for them and they are the one who will determine the outcome of the competition.

This is only one of the situation in school (a uniform body team) which I face with now, just for a short term. In a few years to come, maybe I will be in school teaching the schoolchildren. I am wondering how the situation will be and that will be for a long term time. So we, the future educators must be prepared to face all the situation and problem when we are in school because the children nowadays is not the same as it was in last time. Its totally a different environment with the attitude of the schoolchildren and also the parents which is unexpected.

By the way, when I was guiding those juniors in my school, I can feel the satisfaction within myself. I feel very satisfied and also enjoy when guiding them with the experiences and knowledges that I have. Also enjoy the time spent with them in training and all this bring back my old memories during my schooldays. Although I was suppose to be back at home here to study but I feel very enjoy while guiding them at the same time. I feel more fresh and lively in doing my revision.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...