Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Left One Side...

Hmm...a weird title here I guess...
Well, it was something happened during the last
kayak class which was on 10 September 2009 (last Thursday).

Before go on to the topic of "Left One Side", the
story actually began during our kayak journey from the Teratak View Village to Ulu Keling at Sungai Samak.
We were having a kayak expedition and there were a few obstacles which we have to go through all the way down the river to our targetted area.

Everything was going on well for me all the week kayaking at the river.
But then
last week was the first experience for me and actually kinda interesting and I learned something...

So for the
first time I capsized...
You people know what???
It was
not at the area of wave or hole but was at fast flowing calm water...
Haha...this is funny because capsized at fast flowing calm water...!!!

Why I capsized???
It was because I wanted to avoid a tree that was blocking my way but I was avoiding it on the wrong direction.
Was suppose to lean my body over the tree but I done it the opposite way, that's why I capsized...

It was a nice experience for me, luckily that I was
not panic and managed to pull the toggle of my spraycover under the water and got out of the capsized kayak.
After getting out, my leg can't reach the earth man...
So relaxed myself, let my body float and let the water flow bring me to a shallow and calm water area...

Then only I can reached the earth, walked towards my kayak and cleared out the water trapped inside my kayak...huhu...kinda heavy to do it on my own...
Ahaks...
here's the part about "Left One Side"...

At the area where we gathered, I was clearing the trapped water inside my kayak.
Then there was one of my friend also capsized, they managed to pull her kayak to the side but with some water flow, it got carried away little by little...

I am the
nearest person to the kayak, so I wanted to pull that kayak to the side but the sandal I was wearing was being sucked by the sand...
At that moment, I was like...hey, the kayak is moving away and my sandal was being pulled by the sucking sand...

At last I lost one side of my sandal and the kayak got carried away but there's another friend went towards it and pull to the side.
Then, I
tried to find my sandal...searching and searching and searching...it was not around...

It's a plastic sandal and suppose to float up on the water surface right...but then it did not appear...haha...
So what can I say is,
that sandal was being pulled and sucked by the sand...hehehe...so weird and funny...

What to do, my leg was of small size and it was a bit loose so was easily being sucked away...hahaha...

Now left with only one side (keep it as memory)...haha...

So I bought another pair of other type to replace it...huhu...

2 comments:

SuE said...

hi yunloi^^ wow~ such a very cool experience~~ i have aso tried kayak once recently...hahaha^^ but not as pro as u, but it was really fun..^^ next time would like to 'curi' learn some skills from u lo^^ haha, take care^^

Unknown said...

helo there...
yea...it's very fun and interesting and full of adventures...
i'm not pro also, still learning lor...a lot of skills i oso dono yet...
anyway, it will be fun if we get to hang up together and kayak... ;)
take care...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...