Sunday, November 29, 2009

UPSI Leadership Course 2009

UPSI Leadearship Course 2009 (Kursus Kepimpinan Mahasiswa UPSI 2009) was being held from 21-25 November 2009.
We were being informed of the date and location on the 19th of November 2009.
So I was already involved with the Yayasan Tunku Abdul Rahman's camp from 20-22 November 2009 (already confirmed a month earlier).

Anyway and anyhow I was being informed that it is compulsory for me to attend this course.
As such, the concerned party has written an excuse letter for me to attend it 1 day late which I will only be attending it on 22nd of November 2009.

I left the YTAR camp on Saturday (21/11/2009) night.
On
Sunday (22/11/2009) went to Kolej Aminuddin Baki (KAB) to report my attendance.
At first, I felt so weird why need to go so far to board a van/bus, why not just take it at campus...but then just follow the order...

I thought they had already left UPSI and went to Kem Bina Negara Lipis, Pahang on 21/11/2009.
Then only I know, we would be having the
Leadership Course there for 2 days before departing to Pahang (23-25 November 2009) for a Biro Tatanegara Course.

I just reached and was to take my tag and file then wanted to silent my phone but then the officer informed me that phone will be kept throughout the course.
Haih...I haven't inform any of my family members about this matter or any of my close friends about it and immediately need to off my phone and hand in to them...

I was very attracted to the games which need our attention and focus to react upon the response.
Will spread out this to my friends out there
who do handle camp or course to students, it was really fun... :-)

On
23 November 2009, we departed to Kem Bina Negara Lipis, Pahang at about 8:50am and reached there around 2pm (took quite long because was using the Kuala Lumpur route, the nearer route would be the Fraser's Hill which we used while on the way back to UPSI from the course)...

Well, it was a BTN course so I think most of us know what is the content of it.
We are Malaysian...!!! :-)
Oh yea, this campsite is one of the adventure BTN campsites apart from the one in Ulu Kenas, Perak.
Our module is not of the physical stuff so most of our activities were on discussions and
teamwork through indoor challenges.
Of course it is also compulsory for us to hand in our phone, so no handphone throughout this course also...

But we do had the chance to experience two physical stuff which were the flying fox and night jungle walk...
Flying fox ok lar...before this do experienced it but it was in a position of sitting with 'L' shaped legs.
The one we were having here was in
free-style, we were flying like superman...yihaaa...very exciting and I like it very much...hehe...

One of my favorite is the
Night Jungle Walk...
On Tuesday (24 November 2009) night after our indoor activity ended at around 11:30pm, we went for our supper drink.
We got news that we will be having some activity later on in the mid-night or early morning but don't know what time, so we went
back to our room had some rest and yea did sleep also...

So came Wednesday (25 November 2009), at 2am the physical instructors made announcement and even put on firecrackers I guess (there was a few loud explosions).
Haha...we didn't get out immediately but still taking our time washed our face and brushed our teeth...
When everybody is done and lined up outside, it was already 2:30am.

After some brief instructions, we went into the jungle and everyone waited for the turn to
walk in the jungle alone by holding on to the rope tied from tree to tree as a guide for us (no torchlight allowed of course for this activity)...
Yeah, it was dark at first but as being told by one of my 'guru' 2 weeks back, after a few seconds we actually can walk in the darkness (this is true)...
Climbing up the hill
was fun also because it was a bit slippery and steep, luckily I wore the proper shoes...and of course did hold on to the tree (hug the tree) to climb up...hehe...

Overall, it was not too bad and all the modules that had been planned for us were to
build a stronger leader with more self-confidence, trustworthy, loyalty, responsibility and teamwork...

No photos of activities because no handphones and camera allowed...
So after getting back the phone at the end of the course, before leaving the campsite, I managed to capture "a bit"...hehe...

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...