Saturday, September 15, 2012

A New Journey Begins...

On the 26th of August 2012, officially started my new journey in Australia.
Touched down, passed the custom check and exited the arrival hall at 0800 hours.
I was lucky because my supervisor picked me up personally at the Sydney Airport and sent me to my residence at the University of Sydney (Cumberland Campus) in Lidcombe.
Really thank him very much as he is really very kind and gentleman.

Before sending me to the residence, my supervisor drove me on a short city tour and stopped at the Royal Botanics Garden to have a view of Sydney Opera House and the Sydney Harbour Bridge.
My supervisor even said "Take a photo as a proof that you have arrived".
Here goes the photo taken by my supervisor.
We moved on towards the residence in Cumberland Campus and before that my supervisor brought me around the Sydney Olympic Park.
Then reached at Cumberland Campus and opposite the campus, there is a cemetery land which is also the largest in this city which my supervisor told me it's about 3km all along the East Street road... (phewww...)

On this campus, it only has one faculty which is the Health Sciences Faculty with a few disciplines and research groups with respective research teams under the faculty.
I am under the Biomechanics Research Team in the Exercise, Health and Performance Research Group of the Faculty of Health Sciences in University of Sydney.
For this remaining semester, I will be staying in the Yannadah Residence (on-campus accomodation) which is convenient for me to get familiarize with the campus surrounding and easy access to my workstation area.
View of the residence where I am staying now and a peek-view of my room.
 *More upcoming posts to be updated...


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...