Tuesday, September 11, 2012

My New Journey...

Roughly about 1 week time for me to be prepared and start my new journey in a new place.
That was back in 17-24/08/2012 when I went back home to Ipoh from Kuala Lumpur transferring all my stuff back.
At the same time I need to buy all the necessaries and pack my baggage while people out there especially my Muslim friends were busy preparing for the Raya celebration and friends visiting each other during the festive season.
It was no fun packing the stuff with a limitation of 20kg per luggage for a journey of 3 years study and I have been doing it for a few times sorting stuff out but I can't help it at the end of it and obviously still overweight, so just went through with it (there was a story behind during my check-in at the airport, let it be and only God with the involved persons will know).

On the departure date (25/08/2012), reached the Kuala Lumpur International Airport kinda early because we took shuttle bus all the way to the airport from Ipoh. The flight was at 2210 hours but we were already there by 1730 hours.
After had the luggage checked-in, we took our dinner while waiting and after the dinner we just hanged around the entrance for international departure.

By the way, there were only 2 persons sending me off on that day.
It was not a grand one big family or some friends sending me at the airport but I am thankful and grateful that I'm still not all alone by my own prior to departure.
Apart from that, the blessings and wishes and gifts from all my friends and relatives were all a very blessed one for me before I'm off to KLIA, thanks to all of them.
There were only my youngest brother and my very important person of my life being together with me.

Before I went into the departure hall, managed to capture a photo with my youngest brother.
It was a mixed feelings for me at that moment, being happy and excited to be at a new place for some new experiences but also felt sad having to be parted from family and also friends around me.
I was trying very hard to control my feelings actually at that moment and tried not to let my tears rolling down my cheek, still managed to control it up till that moment.

Around 2100 hours, I made my move to enter the departure hall and started bidding good bye to both of them who accompanied me all the way from Ipoh.
It was that moment when I was on my own going down the escalator, the tears rolled down automatically and I can't help it anymore.
I just let the tears drop while looked up at them who were still there waving at me until when I could not see them anymore.

That was the moment when I was by my own with strangers around me and it was my first time boarding a flight all alone to be away from my home country.
Walked through into the hall, searched for Gate C15 and being by myself at the waiting area, waited for a while to board the plane.
Then the announcement was made and there I went boarding the plane and away from Malaysia heading to Australia in about an eight hours flight to begin my new journey as a post graduate student in University of Sydney, Cumberland Campus under the Exercise, Health & Performance Research at Faculty of Health Sciences.

* I am not being afraid to be alone but I will be afraid if I never take up the opportunities and chances to explore into a new place which is unknown to me...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...