Friday, August 29, 2008

Majlis Amanat Kemerdekaan

Fuh...kinda tired... After the mid sem break ended on 24 August 2008, came back to my hostel on 25 August 2008. Since my class started at 12pm so I only started to drive back to Tanjung Malim at 7:30am and reached at 9:40am. Then busy unload all my stuff from the car into my room and then busy packing my stuff again to go UNITEN and UPM (busy with unpacking and packing my things...haha...).

Attended the class from 12pm to 1pm and after that had my lunch before depart to UNITEN at 2pm. Luckily the uni provided car for us to go there, if not then it'll be a rushing day for me. 2pm I waited at the HEP and shortly after that the driver also arrived but 2 other friends not yet reached. So I called one of them, she said it's 2:30pm... I said...oh gosh, I thought I heard that we gotta wait there at 2pm (something wrong with my hearing is it...).


Departed at 2:30pm and reached the Hotel Residence, UNITEN about 3:45pm or 4pm like that (can't remember). So checked in to our room and had some rest because the schedule was dinner at 7:30pm and briefing at 8:30pm. Well, nothing to do so just rest and took some photo from my room.





Then it's 7:30pm, went down to the dining hall and had dinner together with all other universities friends. All of us was very happy because get to meet again and was enjoying ourselves during the meal, chit chat and took some photograph as well. After dinner, we had a briefing session about the programme for the next day (26 August 2008).

Darren (UUM), Chia Mun (UUM), Ai Hwei (UUM)

Yew Chuan (UDM), Chun Hong (UKM), Darren (UUM)


Yun Loi (UPSI)-that's me, Ting Yee (MMU), Sue Ying (UKM)


Gotta wake up early on 26 August 2008 and have our breakfast at 6:30am then get onto the bus before 7:30am to avoid the traffic jam heading to UPM. We were ready to have breakfast at 6:30am but the meal was not ready yet so we need to wait for a while for them to get the breakfast ready as soon as possible. While waiting...photograph session again with some friends...haha...

"That's me in the baju kebaya moden...with friends from UUM"

After taking our breakfast, we depart to UPM and there were a few of us that didn't get to board the bus as it could only bring 44 people so the 6 of us followed Dr Tengku Ab Aziz and En Jamhari. We took our seat according to the name list when reached the hall of PKKSSAAS in UPM and waited for the function to start. While waiting of course I was busy taking some photographs... hehe...

"This is the view of the stage"

"This is where we were seated"



"Here's another view..."

"Hm...additional effect of the photo...haha...(because of the shaking hands)"

The function started at about 8:45am if I'm not mistaken. Started with a few songs (Negara Ku, Kecemerlangan Pengajian Tinggi and Perpaduan Teras Kejayaan) then prayers and speech of independence by the Minister of Higher Education. About 9:30am, presentation of Tunku Abdul Rahman scholarship by the minister to the recipients followed by multimedia presentation of Malaysia higher education before and after the independence, poem recital by Y.Brs Dr. Lim Swee Tin (Deruan Angin Ogos & Ceritera Sebuah Perjuangan) and lastly sing along (Merdeka song-Tanggal 31). This function ended at 10:30am and we had photograph session before went back.



I missed a few photograph session with a bunch of friends because my ex-form six classmates met me there and we were busy chit chatting. We have not seen each other since the last time when we took our STPM result in school in 2007. Then it's time for me to board the bus and get back to the hotel to check out. My classmates even accompanied me to the bus (so nice...) and bid farewell to them when I was about to get into the bus.

Well, that's all about the two busy days I went through directly after my mid sem break. So I want to take the opportunity here to congratulate all my friends that were successful of getting the prestigious and exclusive scholarship. It was not an easy route to get through all the processes. I want to put in a part of the news about this scholarship that I read from the Star newspaper online.

"...a total of 816 applications were received with 508 meeting the criteria. Of this number, 100 were short listed to attend a camp and 68 were called for an interview."

So we can see that it's a rigorous selection process to go through before the final 50 recipients were selected. Congrats again to those who was successful.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...