Thursday, September 4, 2008

Why...???

While I have some time now, I wanna blog something on what happened yesterday(3 September). I'm waiting for the 'buka puasa' time...hehe...wanna have dinner together with my housemates. I only 'berbuka' but I'm not fasting lar...haha... I realize that recently after the operation, I get hungry very easily and always hunt for food especially during midnight.

Alright, let's go back to the main thing I want to throw out within me. Last two days was listening to the Exercise Physiology II lab report presentation by my coursemates (there were two groups of them). My group and this two groups are conducting the same test but in different environment (mine-thermoneutral, the other 2 groups-hot and cold). My group had done the report and present the results even before the mid sem break. So when they were presenting, I felt very familiar with the graph pattern they used (this is not a big deal) and what shocked me were the discussions part (how can we have the same explanation). Maybe certain things can be same but the main thing here is that the sentences being used were totally the same as mine.

After they finished presenting, the lecturer did raised up this problem. She said that she realized that all the three groups were having the same report in terms of the content. She did asked who did the 'copy paste work' and of course my group was not the one because we were the first group to hand in the report. Of course nobody will want to admit it and as such the lecturer said all the three groups will be penalised (total mark obtained will be divided by 3). Oh gosh...I was kinda angry (hot...) at that time, who want to have such a low mark after the hard work and effort being put in completing the report. So we were given 3 days to give a good explanation to the lecturer.

After the lecture, we directly went to the lecturer's room to give explanation and of course to protect my group because this is where we want to accumulate marks before the final exam (ensure that we score as much as possible). The two groups went in first to give explanation to the lecturer. After they are done, they even told me that everything is okay already so no need to worry (actually they felt guilty).

Anyway I still went in and see the lecturer to have my words because they only talked about the introduction part but not the important part (results and discussions). I showed the lecturer the graph part (how can be the same pattern) and there's one group with the graph title in 'thermoneutral' (obviously copied ours). Then the most amazing part is the discussions where they copied everything 100% from my report without even changing the words and sentences, the only changes they made is the arrangement of the paragraph (oh gosh...how can they do that).

The lecturer of course felt angry with this kind of attitude and as for me, I felt kinda disappointed because they are my coursemates and yet this thing happened. I don't mean to find their fault but this is for their own good and besides that of course to protect my group as well (sometimes we have to be selfish). So next week, the lecturer will bring up this matter again in class and at the same time want to know who is the one from my group that gave them our softcopy of the report.

I felt sorry for them as well with all the information I had provided to the lecturer but I have to. I don't know why they did that and I don't mind if they are just taking it as a reference (not expecting them to copy 100% but at least just pick a few items and edit it la...). Well...don't know what action will be taken by the lecturer, hopefully not a decision that will affect my marks. I don't like this kind of situation... Oh...'buka puasa' already and I'm a bit late, gotta go and have my dinner...!!!

1 comment:

Emel - LayChuyDing said...

oh ya...u shud eat more tho..since u so kecik..hehe..its kinda sien lor got this kind of ppl around us...i counter a lot here at my place but not so cham like urs la...copy bulat-bulat.. haha...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...